Marine Environmental Surveys
Hydrographic – Βathymetric Survey
- Measurement and depiction of seabed features affecting maritime navigation, marine construction, dredging, offshore oil exploration/offshore oil drilling and related activities.
- Hydrographic-bathymetric surveys, side scan sonar survey for cable and pipeline installations, USBL positioning (geolocation).
- High-resolution images of the seabed’s morphology.
- Reports as per Client’s request and needs.
Prior to any project we can undertake various environmental surveys related to the condition of the marine environment. Environmental Baseline Surveys (EBS – a fundamental part of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) process), identify existing environmental conditions, determine any past and/or current site contamination (e.g., hazardous substances, petroleum products, and derivatives), and identify potential vulnerabilities.
- Environmental Baselines Studies
- Risk assessment
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Ecosystems description and characterization
- Protected species and habitats
- Fisheries and aquaculture
- Biological mapping
Marine habitat mapping is essential for assessment of any alterations, or impacts of the seafloor due to human activities (anchorage, trawling nets, pollution) and ground works. We can verify digital imaging by visual ROV’s survey, or instrument sampling. We offer seabed-mapping technology in respect to benthic habitats at different spatial scales. Using side scan sonar, we can provide information on sediment texture, topography, and bed forms detection (sand-gravel-mud). We offer sediment thickness mapping in faunal and seaweed communities and examine interactions between benthic fauna and sediments.